Grade four at St. Veronica Catholic School began an online presence on March 17, our first day of distance learning! On a daily basis from home, we provide our families with office hours, live reading and social studies instruction, recorded grammar and math lessons, and live afternoon meetings to stay in touch. Students also receive daily religion and social studies/science work and weekly spelling assignments.
Our cross-curricular virtual visitors have included professionals from Jamestown Rediscovery, “Jamestown in the Civil War;” the Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Christ Jesus “Living the Works of Mercy in the Pandemic;” TAN books “Meet the Author of Virtue Adventures;” the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration “Our Oceans;” and our very own Fr. Kleinman, pastor of St. Veronica church and school “An Introduction into the Sacraments.”
Take a tour through the links below to experience a day in the life of a Grade 4 distance-learner at St. Veronica! Thanks for stopping by!
- Sample of a Daily Math Lesson (video & assignment inside) – Decimals Unit – Day 1
- Sample of an English Writing Activity – Art Writing Activity using Google Arts & Culture
- Collaborative Grade 4 Work of Mercy – Electronic Scrapbook for Healthcare Workers @ UVA
- Oceans Presentation – Our Oceans
- Sample of live Daily Reading Discussion material, Gentle Annie & The Civil War Gentle Annie Chapter 20